Wednesday, July 4, 2007

When I grow up, I want to be...

So, when you ask Trevor what he wants to be when he grows up, he replies he want to be a
firefighter, ambulance guy, policeman, a doctor, a train conductor, and a grown up. Really the whole firefighter-ambulance guy-policeman thing is everything to him. However, I found him practicing another "proposed profession" this morning:


Yes - thats right - a manicurist. Oh boy. Don't tell Brian or Papa about this one. Really kiddo, based on the final results, I think you should stick to being a firefighter.



After he finished Morgan's nails, he asked if he could have polish on his nails. I told him no. He asked why (all of you parents out there I'm sure KNEW this was the next question). I explained to him that nail polish was for girls. Again, he asked WHY. Somewhere in the depths of my brain, I was able to quickly come up with the response "well honey, only girls get to wear nailpolish, and boys get to wear those fun tattoos. Remember the Thomas tattoos you got?" He replies with an "oh yeah." I can't believe my answer satisfied him.

3 comments:

Little Meatballs said...

Lori,
Love the blog idea! I love the pics of Trevor's manicuring even more! Can't wait to see regular postings...

Steve & Amy said...

Too cute:) Now when does he get to give you a manicure??? How does he do on feet?

Unknown said...

OH NO!!! Take that polish away from him!!!! That's BAD! Yuckie!! No WAY! Slap his hand if he get's near that again. Keep hairbrushes and clips away from him too!
- Papa