Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Twin Baby Shower!

My friend Sonja is having twins this fall... and today we had a baby shower for her! It was so much fun, and such a joy to witness the the experience had by Sonja and Vince. Nobody deserved it more then they do.



Her friend Kelly helped plan the shower, and made an awesome diaper cake! And another friend - Diane - did a great job on food. She offered to take care of food, so I said to Diane, "OK - I'll get you the names and phone numbers of some caterers." Her reply "Oh no - I'll make the food!" Holy cow - she took a lot of time, and I felt like I was eating at a gourmet restaurant. The menu included spinach/smoked gouda fritatta, tropical chicken salad, tortellini spinach salad w/ lemon viniagrette, assorted muffins/croissants with lemon butter and cream cheese, mixed berry trifle with orange sauce, lemonade, peach tea, mimosas, and water. I have not eaten that good in a LONG time!



Sonja got a lot of really nice gifts, lots of useful things. She has some wonderful friends, but that is no surprise considering the friend she has been to all of us!



And can you believe it - she is not finding out the genders of the babies? Oh my gosh - I give her tons of credit. I can't imagine preparing for 2 and not knowing!

1 comment:

Steve & Amy said...

What a shower! Praying that Sonja goes as far along as possible & those little ones come out healthy & happy!!