Monday, July 16, 2007

Kid-isms

So I'm having a hard time with pictures today (I know - big surprise). So this post will be about all the fun things kids say - in their language.

Morgan
Pappy - her pacifier
boon boon - balloon
wasin ban ban - Raisin Bran (her favorite cereal)
Sleeping Judy - Sleeping Beauty

Yogurt - I know sounds like a food item. But you must hear it in context. When she plays with a Shrek toy, her toy is a "yogurt" which can be translated to ogre, as in "I'm an ogre."
I should add, that I don't think either Trevor or Morgan has seen any of the Shrek movies, so I don't understand the fascination with said toy (from a McDonald's Happy Meal). It could be that when you press the button it alternates between saying "I'm an ogre" and a belching noise. I hate to take it away, because when they do get a hold of it, the most beautiful sound occurs after each and every belch.... the infamous belly laugh of a child. You can never get enough of that!
Trevor
lellow - yellow (doesn't every kid do this? please say yes)
Banilla - vanilla
Basana - lasagna
Cash regger - cash register (one of his favorite toys)
Nickles - again, to you and I it sounds like money, but curiosity got the best of him during bathtime a few months ago, and he pointed to his chest and said "Mommy, what's this?" And I, wanting to be anatomically correct, told him they were nipples. He looks at me and said "Nickles?!?!" What could I say.

No comments: