Monday, August 20, 2007

Jodi's 3-day walk


Well - Jodi has completed her breast cancer 3-day walk. I can't believe she did it. She raised over $3000 dollars on her own. And she walked 60 miles over 3 days. Unbelievable! Considering a marathon is 26 miles - she walked over twice that distance! There is no way I could have the stamina or strength. So Jodi - THANK YOU for doing the walk. THANK YOU for doing what you did to help our generation and our future generations overcome this horrible disease.
The kids and I went to one of the cheering areas in Beachwood. Trevor helped me make a sign - its hard to tell but he wrote "GO GO GO" across the top part of the sign (if you click on the first picture you may be able to see it better). He was very proud of that sign, and once the walkers started coming by he held it proudly. We got there right at 9am because we didn't want to miss Jodi and her friend/teammate Dina. We saw a lot of strong men and women doing the walk. I have to say every time a group came by it was emotional for everyone. Trevor was so excited to cheer for everyone and give some of them High-fives. One of the teams was passing out balloons - Morgan got one of those and loved it! Jodi was able to stop for a few minutes to talk and hug the kids - which they loved. Both were happy to cheer her on with "Go Jodi Go!"

3 comments:

Steve & Amy said...

WOW! Way to go Jodi!! I couldn't have walked that much either!!! I'll cheer LOUDLY from the sidelines:)

Jodi & Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi & Brian said...

Thanks for posting these pictures!! My little snuggle-bugs! I just loved seeing them out there!!